Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Summer Stitching

I love all kinds of stitching so I've decided it's time to start blogging about it!  People often say that they can buy something cheaper than they can make it.  In my next post, I'll show you my $2.49 kitchen curtains as a challenge to that.  For me it's not about the cost. It's about the fun of envisioning what to make and the fun of making it. I frequently recycle and upcycle things, but sometimes, I also downcycle. I use this term to describe expensive fabric mistakes that have ended up as placemats or dishcloths...

Lately I've been having some fun with summer hats for babies and toddlers.



    

Yes, that is Sackboy there in the background. I made him to promote our knitting club at school and he got lots of attention.
Sackboy was designed by Alan Dart, who creates all sorts of very detailed knitted creatures. I got the pattern here.  He has such a big head, he's modelling a toddler sunhat here in the garden.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment